Privacy Notice Children and Families
At Ordinary Magic C.I.C we respect the privacy of the children, parents and carers and families attending our clubs, projects or sessions. The personal information that we collect about you and your child is used only to provide appropriate care for them, maintain our service to you, and communicate with you effectively. Our lawful basis for processing the personal information relating to you and your child is so that we can fulfil our contract with you. Our legal condition for processing any health-related information that you provide about your child is so that we can provide appropriate care for that child.
Any information that you provide is kept secure. Data that is no longer required* is erased after your child has ceased attending our clubs or sessions.
We will use the contact details you give us to contact you via phone, email, social media and post, so that we can send you information about your child, relevant services from Ordinary Magic C.I.C and other relevant news, and so that we can communicate with you regarding payment of our fees.
We will only share personal information about you or your child with another organisation if we:
- have a safeguarding concern about your child
- are required to by government bodies or law enforcement agencies
- engage a supplier to process data on our behalf (eg to take online bookings, or to issue invoices)
- have obtained your prior permission.
You have the right to ask to see the data that we have about yourself or your child, and to ask for any errors to be corrected. We will respond to all such requests within one month. You can also ask for the data to be deleted, but note that:
- we will not be able to continue to care for you or your child if we do not have sufficient information to do so.
- even after you or your child has left our care, we have a statutory duty to retain some types of data for specific periods of time* so can’t delete everything immediately.
If you have a complaint about how we have kept your information secure, or how we have responded to a request to access, update or erase your data, you can refer us to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Please sign and date below to confirm that you have read this Privacy Notice.
Signed: ___________________________________________ Date: ________________
* We do need to retain certain types of data (such as records of complaints, accidents, and attendance) for set periods of time after you or your child ceases to be in our care, but we delete as much personal data as we can as soon as possible.
“I’ve had lots of fun today and got to be the leader, being the leader was hard at first because I felt nervous but after a while I learnt that I was a good leader. We all enjoyed working together to work out how to make an unbreakable egg and our group won the challenge!”